Now the question is should you upgrade and is it worth it.
I got together everything you need to know and I will break it all down for you guys.
What are the differences iPhone 7/7 Plus upgrading to the iPhone X?
First, off I will not be comparing the iPhone 7/7Plus to the iPhone 8/8Plus because there’s not much of a big difference, and I will get to the pricing, later on. Is it worth it?
Let’s start off with the sizes:
- iPhone 7 (138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1 mm)
- iPhone 7 Plus (158.2 x 77.9 x 7.3 mm)
- iPhone X(10) (143.6 x 70.9 x 7.7mm)
- iPhone 7 (138g)
- iPhone 7 Plus (188g)
- iPhone X(10) (174g)
Comparing all this information in mind it’s quite impressive to see the screen size of the iPhone X(10) which is 5.8inches and the iPhone 7/7 Plus 4.7/5.5inches displays.
Apple has managed to do this by finally getting rid of the bezels.
Not only is it the smaller bezels that make it more appealing but it is also:
- Great Contrast
- High Resolution
- Wide Color support
- Color accuracy
- iPhone 7 – 1334 x 750 pixels (-326ppi pixel density)
- iPhone 7 Plus – 1920 x 1080 pixels (-401ppi pixels density)
- iPhone X(10) – 2436 x 1125 pixels (-458ppi pixels density)
This basically means that your texture and text sharpness are going to be much better.
Build and Design:
On the iPhone 7/7 Plus you get the metal UNIbody which feels great, and with the iPhone X(10) metal frame with glass panels on the front and back.
- iPhone 7/7 Plus Aluminium Unibody (IP67 Water and Dust Resistant) (Rose Gold, Gold, Silver, Black, Jet Black)
- iPhone X(10) Metal-frame Glass panels front and back (IP67 Water and Dust Resistant) (Silver, Space Gray)
Quite a few improvements here as the iPhone X(10) comes with a better processor A11 Bionic chip as in the iPhone 7/7 Plus A10 Fusion chip.
- iPhone 7/7 Plus A10 Fusion (M10 motion coprocessor)
- iPhone X(10) (Neutral engine M11 motion coprocessor)
Comparing these two, the iPhone’s A11 Bionic chip is 25% more powerful then A10 Fusion chip.
Apple is also pushing the AR Camera ability to iPhone X and the A11 Bionic chip is optimized really well for AR Ability.
- iPhone 7/7 Plus (32/128/256GB)
- iPhone X(10) (64/256GB)
- Both are not expandable
In terms of the camera the iPhone 7/7 Plus which does really well on low light, as for the iPhone X(10) you also get the Dual 12MP setup.
- iPhone X(10) Dual 12MP (Dual OIS Wide-angle: f/1.8,Telephoto: f/2.4) 2x Optical Zoom, Portrait mode, Portrait Lighting (beta)
Here, the iPhone X(10) does super well with its 4k 60 fps with also outstanding video quality and features.
- iPhone 7/7 Plus 4k 30 fps (1080p 120fps) (720 240 fps)
- iPhone X(10) 4k 60 fps (1080 240 fps)
Front Facing Camera:
- iPhone 7/7 Plus 7MP f2.2 (1080p)
- iPhone X 10 7MP f2.2 (1080p) Portrait mode,Portrait Lighting (beta),Animojis
Currently, both are at iOS 11 but they’re upgradable to iOS 11.3
iPhone 7/7 Plus: iPhone X(10)
- Touch ID Face ID
- Lighting Lighting
- No headphone jack No headphone jack
- Stereo speakers Stereo speakers
- Siri Siri
The battery on the iPhone 7/7Plus is not so great but upgrading to the iPhone X(10) you’ll be getting a lot better battery life.
- iPhone 7/7 Plus 1960 mAh/2900 mAh
- iPhone X 10 2716 mAh Fast charging and wireless charging
- Both are non-removable
Well now this question is upon us, is it worth the upgrade?
If you’re planning on buying it from Apple directly the iPhone X is about $1300 comparing to the now iPhone 7 which is:
- iPhone 7 – 32GB $549, 128GB $649
- iPhone 7 Plus – 32GB $669, 128GB $769
That is it from here and it is worth the upgrade and it is an amazing device. Thank you for reading our content.